Slowness using AC even with direct connect speed of 350mps using laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-23 14:38:22
Model: Archer C54  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Trying to figure out when I try to setup this dual band wifi router in AC mode,  why my speed is below 100mps.   If I plug laptop into ethernet cable - cat6 all the way back to Modem/Router I can get 350mps.

What setting is dropping my speed down so much.   I tried other tp-link modems (older model) and had the same issue.

I verfied that all connect cables are cat 6e.   

Paul

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slowness using AC even with direct connect speed of 350mps using laptop
2023-01-26 00:48:37

@paulvw3,

When the Archer routers are placed into AP mode, the network and addresses are still managed by the router at the head of your network. 

There will already be a falloff in the speed of the connection due to it being wireless. It really is not uncommon to receive only 30-60% of what your network is capable of due to interference, and wireless overhead.

With the device wired as an AP, it is also possible that the main router is managing the connection and total bandwidth of the ports, saving additional bandwidth for the connections that will occur on the AP, and also on devices connected directly to the main router. Make sure that there are no QoS settings on your other router that could be affecting the connection.

Options
Re:Slowness using AC even with direct connect speed of 350mps using laptop
2023-01-27 14:08:08 - last edited 2023-01-27 14:10:17

@Riley_S 

@paulvw3 

I don't know why you guys are saying, "There should be a drop off when you put it in AP mode". That's not true. See my post for slow wifi. There is something wrong with either your Wifi Routers or the updates/code.

Reset my AX1800 to factory defaults, put it in AP mode (I have no idea what AC mode is lol), and it works at wire speed.

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/596968

Oh yeah, I have a question. Why on earth does my Kasa App password, for Smart Home Plugs have to be the same as this forum password? You folks need to have separate authentications. this is not good, safe security practices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 2

Related Articles