Device connecting to the furthest node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-24 00:51:39
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My phone keeps connecting to the furthest deco that is 2 floors above, instead of the node that is one floor above.

My deco app is up to date and there is no option to manually select to the node i want to connect.

That makes my phone's wifi disconnecting because of poor signal.

Basically that was the only reason i bought Deco in the first place, to have wifi coverage but seems like its not working.

Really dissapointed.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Device connecting to the furthest node
2023-01-24 18:53:09

@kopers 

This usually happens when the network determines the furthest node has the best connection available for the phone.  It could be that the other nodes are congested or just that it has determined the path is the strongest.   On the newer versions of the Deco Firmware, an option for preferred node has been added.  If you are on 1.6 or higher then click on the client device in the device list and choose the preferred node.  If you are not on that yet, or it hasn't yet been released then using the network optimization button may help as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 1