Red light, no internet, port 1 broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-25 03:08:03
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

After working for a month without issue, today the light on my main Deco XE5300 turned solid red. I restarted the router multiple times with no change. I restarted the fiber box as well with no luck. When I plugged in an old router, I had no issues connecting to the internet, indicating this was a router issue. 

I ended up changing the wired Ethernet input connection to Port 2 instead of Port 1 and it works without issue. I repeated and tried all 3 ports. Port 2 and Port 3 connect to internet without issue. Port 1 however gives me nothing but the red light. 

I have internet now, but considering the unit is only 1 month old, I am a bit concerned about being down 1/3 ports. Does this sound like a hardware failure for port 1 or some other issue?

Do I have any options here beyond returning the unit or hoping the remaining 2 ports remain functional?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Red light, no internet, port 1 broken
2023-01-25 18:35:03

@PhysicsMike 

Hello Mike.  Unfortunately, we are tracking similar reports on this model right now and are investigating the cause.  As such we are requesting affected model for test and issuing replacements to those affected customers.  Are you in the US?  

Options
2023-01-25 18:42:39

@Carl 

Hey Carl,

yes, I am in the US

Options
2023-01-26 17:00:12

@PhysicsMike 

Okay.  please register the product here: You can use the same credentials as you use for the community, or your Deco App sign if you used a different email there.  Once registered let me know so I can approve an RMA and email you further instructions. 

Options