Does Anyone has problem with Magic Jack connected to TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX21)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Does Anyone has problem with Magic Jack connected to TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX21)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-31 22:36:18
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I recently installed brand new Archer AX2 Wifi 6 router and connected a brand new magicJack New 2022 VOIP Phone Adapter to the router. Everyday, my magicJack will drop out (unable to call out or receive calls). I do not know which one has problem. Router or MagicJack? If anyone experience the same problem, please share with me. Thanks a lot!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Does Anyone has problem with Magic Jack connected to TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX21)
2023-02-01 00:04:14

@Mars3398270,

Are you able to tell if the device is losing its connection to the local network, or can it not connect to the internet?

Usually, this is caused by a device supporting only the 2.4 Ghz band and the router attempting to reorganize and prioritize the connections with the Smart Connect Feature. You may try disabling this setting, making sure that your SSIDs are matching, and then attempting to connect again. This passes the responsibility of band switching from the router to the client devices.

Options
Re:Does Anyone has problem with Magic Jack connected to TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX21)
2023-02-01 21:56:35

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the quick reply! The MagicJack is connected to the router directly through an ethernet cable (RJ45), so there will be no SSID problem. By the way, how do I disable the Smart Connect Feature? Thanks again.

Options
2023-02-02 00:49:39

@Mars3398270,

For the Smart Connect Feature, there will be an available toggle on the web page where you can set the SSID of the network, this will break the bands apart into separate sections. If the device is wired into the LAN ports on the router, you may be able to see errors for the device disconnecting in the system logs on the router to try and determine a cause.

I would make sure that if you change LAN ports and Ethernet wires the issue does not follow as it could very well be the network cable. I would also double check that your modem from your ISP does not have wireless capabilities. If it does, then there are conflicts occurring, and either the modem needs to be placed in bridge or passthrough mode, or the router will need to be configured as an Access Point.

Options
2023-02-02 17:54:39

@Riley_S 

Hi 

Thanks again for you to follow this thread.

It looks like the Smart Connect Feature is for wireless, so I did not bother with that.

Yesterday, I enabled IPTV/VLAN under Quick Setup-Network- IPTV/VLAN because I saw the sentence “Configure IPTV/VLAN setting if you want to enjoy IPTV or VoIP service, or your ISP requires VLAN tags” and because my MagicJack is VoIP phone service. I wished enabling IPTV/VLAN would fix the problem, but this morning, MagicJack dropped out again. I did not find any error report for the device disconnecting in the system. Where do I find the system log?

One thing I could not do when I enabled IPTV/VLAN yesterday was to set LAN2 (MagicJack is connected to LAN2) as “VoIP” instead of “internet”, the pull-down menu for each LAN only allow 2 choices: internet or IPTV, the other 2 choices are greyed out(unable to select). See attached screenshot. Do you know how to make VoIP available for individual LANs?

BTW, I have changed LAN ports and Ethernet wires, none of the changes will make any difference.

My ISP(Spectrum) provides only Modem, with no wireless capability.

File:
IPTV-VLAN Lan settings.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 4

Related Articles