Archer A10 ("AC2600") Blocks Network Traffic During 3mbit/sec Downloads

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-02 22:12:10
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 0.9.1 v1000.0 Build 200928 Rel.32191n(5553)

I recently purchased this router new. The problem did not occur until I updated firmware to the latest revision. (It shipped with the next to latest revision installed.) I updated it, because it would occasionally drop connections (regardless of signal strength, which is always 50% or better). That was irritatting enough, but now it has an even more serious problem.

Our Internet service is capped at only 3mbit/sec down and 1mbit/sec up (measured and verified). During Internet downloads to a WifFi device, even other devices cannot communicate on the network, though additional Internet traffic is still routed. Services like ssh, sftp and even ping stall indefinitely on the network (until the download completes).

FWIW, I saw this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/195904

But the "Enable AP Isolation" box is already un-checked.

The router's function is unsatisfactory, given this fault.

Thank you,

-Cal

Options