Why did I receive a new device connection alert when a known device joined the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Why did I receive a new device connection alert when a known device joined the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-04 15:24:27
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Dear TP-Link,

I don't seem to understand why you couldn't fix the unknown mac address issue. Asking us to disable private wi-fi ip address on our devices is not a solution. It is your product you should be able to fixed issue.

As for the regular TP-Link router it has no issue at all it only affect the deco mech system and why can't you implement the same feature to not see the unknown device every time it join the network. I would not recommend all Deco mesh to any1 I am returning my Deco system, it is the worst investment for a high price Deco system that can't filter mac address address issue.

If I have setup/input the real mac address in the allow list, it should never duplicate devices showing in the Deco system as an unknown devices. You get alot of devices when join if the mac address is change and that a bad system. The Deco should have a filter that recognize the real mac address even if the private address changes.

I have an Asus router(main) I use mac address filter, I input both the private mac address and the actual mac address and I have never seen a unknown devices when connecting to my router. Don't get me wrong you have a good but product but the software is awful.

Fixed the issue and will consider you product again and also will recommend but for now it a no for me..

Regards,

Fyaajster

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 240

Replies: 0

Related Articles