Reboot Schedule for TP-Link Deco AXE5300 Wi-Fi 6E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-11 18:21:38
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20221121 Rel. 36691

Why there is no reboot schedule option available in Deco App for my deco system. I spent almost $400 and its such a pain everytime I need to do it myself. Why am I not able to schedule it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Reboot Schedule for TP-Link Deco AXE5300 Wi-Fi 6E
2023-02-13 12:43:46

@WireIkon pretty much none of the mesh units made by any vendor have scheduled reboot functionality; that seems reserved for regular routers only. 

and also no, you have to use the app to control the network. The web buyer face is extremely basic, and may only give you the options for manual firmware updates, system logs, and manual reboot. Again, normal for all mesh networks from every vendor. 

Options
Re:Reboot Schedule for TP-Link Deco AXE5300 Wi-Fi 6E
2023-02-13 22:59:18

@WireIkon,

Auto reboots for mesh are not common, as it forces each node to have to reconnect and reconfigure the network, for wired backhaul this is no problem. However, wireless nodes that don't have the best connection may have difficulty rebuilding the network and their connections, as all clients connected to the network will begin to roam.

Saying that our development team has actually been adding this to applicable models as it is developed. The first model to receive the function was the M5, and it was only a few months ago. With how quick the firmware for models has been developing over the last few months, it may come to other models soon.

I will try to reach out and learn more information regarding the feature and when it may/if it will release for other models soon. 

For now, I would recommend visiting the feature requests section of our forum, so that your feedback can be properly tracked and passed to the correct teams.

Options