TL-WA3001 VLAN Configuration Not Saving

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 00:28:43
Tags: #TL-WA3001

Recently purchase a TL-WA3001 Access Point and having an issue with the VLAN configuration sticking when I configure VLANs on each SSID.  By default it has '1' as the VLAN and when I change to a different VLAN ID it reverts back to '1' after saving.  The uplink switch port I have the AP connected to has the applicable VLANs assigned to the port.

AP connected to TP-Link managed switch port 2

Switch port 2 has VLANs (1, 20, 30, 40, 50) assigned

AP running in Multiple SSID mode

Unique SSID's created on AP

Attempting to use unique VLAN ID's on each of the SSID

Firmware up-to-date

Clients are able to connect to SSIDs however being put into default VLAN

Read another post with a similar issue however that issue did not appear to have a resolution.

Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-WA3001 VLAN Configuration Not Saving
2023-02-21 09:56:49

Hello @Budwizer007 

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please help provide some details.

What is the detailed network layout? What are the models of the gateway router and managed switch?

Are you saying you cannot change the default VLAN ID from 1 to another? Is it convenient for you to take a short video about the phenomenon? I haven't heard of this kind of feedback yet, so just want to confirm how this happens.

Options
2023-02-21 15:09:50
I figured out the issue. When I created the 4 SSID's I had left the VLAN to the default of '1'. Going back in to change them, I attempted to change just the VLAN id to a value other than '1'. It would not save when doing that. I went back in, made a update to the name of the SSID (e.g. changed it from 'SSIDname-1' to 'SSIDname-1-update') and changed the VLAN value. It then saved the updated VLAN ID. Looks like a possible bug as I was able to reproduce on demand.
Options
2023-04-25 01:36:12 - last edited 2023-04-25 01:40:52

@Budwizer007 

Thanks for that information and workaround!

I just ran into the same problem. Without your suggestion to change the SSID names I doubt I would have figured out why the new VLAN numbers wouldn't save.

Hopefully it's something that can be corrected in the firmware so others don't have to scratch their head and find that important tidbit of information.

Options
2023-05-02 03:43:17

FWIW, sure seems to be a bug or quirk of WA3001.

I also have WA1201 and on it you can change and save the VLAN number without needing to change the SSID.

Options
2023-05-04 00:09:23

@Budwizer007 I too had the same problem of the individual VLAN IDs not saving after configuring. Thanks for the tip!

Hopefully the TL-WA3001 will soon get a firmware update to correct this, as well as any security updates that surely must be needed since the current firmware is well over a year old.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 5

Tags

TL-WA3001
Related Articles