Votes

Unable to setup VPN client (or server) to Deco X50 PoE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 16:01:14
Model: Deco X50-PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20220902 Rel. 58645

I just purchased a set of three Deco X50 PoE after having done quite a bit of research, and all indicators were that I should be able to.  But when I go through the video on the website, my menu system is totally different.  In fact, the admin web interface seems like a super basic with very little real routing capabilities I would typically find in routers.  In particular, setting up a VPN client is of utmost important.  Am I doing something wrong?  Can I setup VPN client?  If not, I might as well return this.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Unable to setup VPN client (or server) to Deco X50 PoE
2023-02-21 07:02:42 - last edited 2023-08-03 02:08:08

@Propilotwannabe 

Hi, Deco X50/X55 V1-1.2.0 support VPN server/client:

Deco Firmware Updates Released to Additional Models - July

And It is also planned to add these features to other models later.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-22 04:19:53

@David-TP , I am/was so excited to hear about the new release.  Thankyou!

However, as I follow the process, I downloaded the file, unzipped it, connected via wire to the device, logged in, selected the file, and clicked "Update".  It sat there for 5-10 seconds, then gave me an error: "Upgrade failed. Please select the latest version of firmware to upgrade."

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Options
2023-02-23 13:37:15 - last edited 2023-02-23 13:44:07

@David-TP, reading more on the post about this new release, I'm wondering if I have a newer HW version. I can't tell because the box is back at home in the U.S., and I'm not finding a way to tell the HW version through the web UI nor the sticker on the unit (it says "S/N: Y229027B0101B US/1.6". In short, I came here to Costa Rica to setup a remote office and connect back to my office in the U.S. using VPN. I have to return to the U.S. on March 12. If I am not able to get the VPN setup prior to leaving, I would to return these units and try a different solution later this year when I travel again. Any chance that the firmware update would be available by then for whatever HW I have?

Options
2023-03-16 14:59:13

@David-TP , can you provide some further help here?

When I do the update, it sits there for 5-10 seconds, then gives me an error: "Upgrade failed. Please select the latest version of firmware to upgrade."

Options
2023-07-22 22:49:45

@David-TP the firmware you linked doesn't mention it's for the PoE model can you confirm the linked firmware is X50/X55 only? Also if this is the case can you provide the X50 PoE firmware that contains the VPN tools

Options
2023-08-03 02:45:19

@B-Harvey Sorry for the delay and Thanks a lot for your notificationlaugh.

I have updated the latest firmware collection link for different models and the 1.2.0 firmware that supports VPN for Deco X50-POE has released a few weeks ago.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 859

Replies: 6

Voters 1