Wifi to Lan port from WDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-22 16:38:33 - last edited 2023-02-22 16:40:28
Model: Archer AX55   Archer C59  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20221105 rel.1354(4555) ; 1.0.2 Build 20160725 rel.57694

Main Root router: Archer AX55 v1.0

Firm: 1.1.5 Build 20221105 rel.1354(4555)

2nd Router: Archer C59 v1.0

Firm: 1.0.2 Build 20160725 rel.57694

ALL EU MODELS

Hello!
I have these two routers mentioned above and I want to turn a 2ndrouter into sort of wireless lan port.
I am new and do not really understand the concept of connecting two router in between and then transmitting that internet signal to the LAN port.
I know about WDS but It does not work for me:
On 2ndrouter I open Network -> Lan -> Change Ip Adress
Go to Network -> DCHP Server _ > Disable it
Go to System Tools - > System Param. - > WDS for 5gHz and I connect it to my Main Root Router
Finally I go to Network -> IPTV -> Mode: Bridge and all Lan ports to Internet.

It does not work, I am not sure what i may have done wrong. If anyone can help me, I will be thankful.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi to Lan port from WDS
2023-02-22 17:42:48

@ZorroLion,

From what I can tell, you did everything correctly, unless an address you configured was incorrect. I would recommend carefully looking through the FAQ on the Topic: Configuring WDS on Archer Routers, as anything I could recommend is found in the FAQ. 

Make sure that you read the notes throughout the FAQ, as it is most likely one of these causing an issue, such as incompatibility, or you may need to double-check that you have used an address compatible with your network. Since you are using EU models, I would also recommend visiting our Global 'EN' Forum, as they may have additional information on the topic, or the feature may work differently outside of the US

Options
2023-02-22 18:37:29

@Riley_S 
Hello, I tried the guide sent. However it still does not give me any internet.
The WDS status is Assoc

Options
2023-02-23 20:33:03

@ZorroLion 

Check this thread - it's about similar request as yours. Upon successful configuration WDS status should be Run.

The exteded router (C59) LAN IP address should be in the same network subnet as your AX55 LAN IP address and its DHCP server disabled.

Note that as stated in these guides, WDS may not be compatible even between products of the same company.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 3

Related Articles