Tether app does not show pro options at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-25 23:15:27
Model: Archer AX90   RE705X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I downloaded the tether app on my phone and it has been nothing but glitchy. I prefer using my laptop I am not a cell addict Frankly I don't see why when other companies offer different ways of controlling the home wifi that tp link is inflexible and does offer options. First of all I don't have data on my phone no plans to do so either What do you do for customers like that. The other is it was showing my router at first then it dissapppeared then the security option never showed up on the appNone of what isshown on your website screen shots is what I am seeing I have the basic tether I can check if wifi is on. We are currently experincing ping attacks shutting off both the router and the wifi. I upgradefrom the old insecure extender re650 to this one thinking it was secure. I don't have great neighbours I am not going to reread things I have already read on the net like somethe replies I have seen which are unhelpful I need help or I will go with another company altogether

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether app does not show pro options at all
2023-02-27 23:24:19

@JfJ7 

This isn't a problem.  The Tether app isn't a requirement to access the router's interface.  You can access the UI from any web browser, as long as you device is connected to the router via its ethernet LAN or its Wireless LAN.  Just open a browser and browse to tplinkwifi.net.  Use your admin credentials to log in and manage the product. 

The 2nd concern is, more complicated and you may need to provide more information for the community to help.  If the router is disappearing from the Tether app that would indicate at least on face value that either 1.  the router is going offline, or  2.  Your phone isn't connected to the router and you don't have the router linked to a TP-Link cloud account.  Since your mentioned you are experiencing a ping attack that is shutting the router off.  That would seem to make #1 as the source.  

If you can provide more information and possibly screen shots I am sure this community can help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 1

Related Articles