Repeater restarts several times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 22:13:31
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

So,

we installed the repeater a while ago and it always had this issue.

It just restarts every so often, gone for like a minute and then back. Really annoying when you try to game or watch youtube and then the connection is just gone. 

I didn't find any setting in the Tether app (unless I missed it) so I am just gonna guess this is unintended. 

How can I fix this problem? If it is a software problem, how can I update that? 

Thanks! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Repeater restarts several times a day
2023-03-10 07:17:37

@LordCosmos 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Have you tried to plug it into a different power socket in case it has bad contact with the current one?

Will you see all the lights on 850RE turn off and then back on when it restarted itself?

And TL-WA850RE also supports Power Schedule and it is also suggested to check you have configured any Power Off time on the 850RE.

By the way, how often would the restart issue repeat? 

Best regards.

Options
Re:Repeater restarts several times a day
2023-03-10 18:44:07

@David-TP 

It restarted around 4 times a day. When it 'restarted' the connection bars disappeared while the "Power" and "Wireless" were still blue. 

I pressed the reset button for a few seconds to completely factory reset it and then also re-located it. It seems to be working now, but I will see if the issue comes back. 

Thanks btw! 

Options