IGMP feature (deco X55)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IGMP feature (deco X55)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IGMP feature (deco X55)
IGMP feature (deco X55)
2023-03-26 17:32:46
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20221102 Rel. 66085

Looking at the web interface I see that you can enable the "IGMP" feature and/or the "WAN Unicast" feature.  What are these for and when should they be used?  I haven't been able to find anything about these in the knowledge base.

Thanks,

Mike

Options
1 Reply
Re:IGMP feature (deco X55)
2023-03-27 18:01:31

@Drachenfire76,

Both of these settings are more advanced configuration options meant to either be used with specific features, or for troubleshooting connections. IGMP is mainly used for managing IP addresses of IPv4 networks, but some services, such as Apple's HomeKit may be able to operate better with the feature enabled. With IPv6, this is far less important, especially on newer routers. I would recommend leaving the setting as is unless you are having difficulty with some services.

The WAN Unicast feature is meant for networks that are having difficulty receiving the IP address from their ISP. Some ISPs are not compatible with this setting, so it is also not recommended to enable this setting unless your network cannot receive an IP address from your ISP.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1172

Replies: 1

Related Articles