Router label says version 1.6, but the software reports as 1.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-16 21:05:27
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: You tell me?

I recently bought a TP-Link extender and anticipated leveraging the mesh ability of my router. Upon syncing the two, I learned that my router needed a firmware update to be mesh-capable. 

That took me down a bit of a rabbit hole. If I use tether or the management interface, my router reports hardware vers 1. If I look at the label on the back of the device, it says 1.6. When I check for online firmware updates from the admin interface, it's says "up to date" (build date of 2020? Seriously?)

I'm hesitant to manually install the latest 1.6 firmware update given the disconnect in version reporting. Is there a trustworthy source of truth?

Options
1 Reply
Re: Router label says version 1.6, but the software reports as 1.0
2023-04-17 21:30:05

@MadJD,

Small Updates to your hardware version such as 1.0 vs 1.6 are generally the same, with the difference in hardware version being something as simple as an indicator of what facility the device was manufactured in or where the device is being sold. Unless otherwise indicated, the firmware for 1.0 and 1.6 can be used interchangeably. Each firmware download page will have this discalimer: 

(Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8);   Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)

However, I do see that there is no download page available for the 1.6 hardware version at all. Looking at the Data Sheets for the different versions it appears that the OneMesh functionality may have only been introduced until the next major hardware update for the 2.0 version.

Downloads Page for the AX3000 v1

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 488

Replies: 1