tp-link deco axe5300 - device with static ip does not show up in Client List.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-16 22:40:52
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.11 Build 20230302 Rel. 51700

I've seen earlier threads about this, and it seemed to be resolved with a firmware update.  But I just bought a new AXE5300 system and updated to the latest firmware, and still can't get it to work, even after an hour with tech support!

I have several IoT devices (IP to IR/RS-232 interfaces) that only support static IP addresses.  They are wired to the network.  They do not show up on the Client List.  They work properly, and show up on Fing and on the beta Scan function in the Deco App.  But not in the client list!

It took an hour with tech support to determine that the static IP addresses were the issue, but he had no solution.

I have other devices with static IP addresses that do show up, so I suspect that it's not as simple as just the IP address.

Has anyone fixed this, or explain why an issue from 2021 still isn't fixed?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:tp-link deco axe5300 - device with static ip does not show up in Client List.
2023-04-17 21:48:38

@OrrinC,

How is your deco network configured/setup? I know that some odd things can start to happen with static IP addresses when the traffic is passed through a Deco node that is wired to the network through some network switches. Also, you may try connecting the wired devices directly to the nodes so that you can create an IP reservation for the devices, that way it should reconnect and be seen in the client list as a result of the reservation.

Have you tried to adjust the wired configuration to either use or skip a satellite node to see if there are any changes in the client list?

Have you noticed a pattern in what devices experience the behavior? Such as having them connect to a specific node or them using a specific range of IP addresses?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 323

Replies: 1