Is there Mesh Compatibility between Archer C80 and Deco Mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-20 03:58:32 - last edited 2023-04-21 04:37:17
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.12.10

Hi, I have an ARCHER C80 and I want to build a Mesh network. What do you recommend? Add another ARCHER C80? or a DECO X20 for example?

I would connect them by Ethernet cable.
It is for a flat of 120 square meters
Thanks
Regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Is there Mesh Compatibility between Archer C80 and Deco Mesh?-Solution
2023-04-20 22:32:37 - last edited 2023-04-21 04:37:17

@Luis_M,

For a mesh solution, as the C80 is Easymesh compatible - you could create a mesh with any of the devices listed on our EasyMesh Compatability Page. However, they do not all support a wired backhaul like you stated you could use.

Honestly, your best solution may be to get another C80 as it has already received the firmware to create a wired backhaul for Easymesh networks. It will also give you the most flexibility because in the event you want to avoid using a mesh network, the second satellite C80 could be configured as a simple Acess Point. I would just check the most recent firmware updates before deciding on another device, as both EasyMesh, and the Wired Backhaul feature will be listed in the patch notes.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Is there Mesh Compatibility between Archer C80 and Deco Mesh?
2023-04-20 16:44:41

@Luis_M,

Can you double check the hardware version and region of your router for me?  We don't have pages listed for the firmware available to a v4 model.

Normally, for users who would like to build a mesh network, we recommend using a Full Deco Mesh network as it is the intended purpose. However, to create a Deco Mesh, you need all Deco Nodes, otherwise, it will be used essentially as an Access Point.

Since the C80 has started to receive wired-backhaul EasyMesh compatability, you would most likely want to stick with the C80 or another Archer supporting ethernet backhauls for Easymesh. This specific aspect of EasyMesh is still under development, with only a handful of models capable of using it. I would expect to see more models support the wired backhaul in the future.

Options
2023-04-20 19:30:23

@Riley_S Hi, thank you for yout answer.

The fimrware is version 1.0, my mistake.

I need to extend the wifi area in my flat, what do you recommended interconnected for my Archer C80?

Regards

Options
Re:Is there Mesh Compatibility between Archer C80 and Deco Mesh?-Solution
2023-04-20 22:32:37 - last edited 2023-04-21 04:37:17

@Luis_M,

For a mesh solution, as the C80 is Easymesh compatible - you could create a mesh with any of the devices listed on our EasyMesh Compatability Page. However, they do not all support a wired backhaul like you stated you could use.

Honestly, your best solution may be to get another C80 as it has already received the firmware to create a wired backhaul for Easymesh networks. It will also give you the most flexibility because in the event you want to avoid using a mesh network, the second satellite C80 could be configured as a simple Acess Point. I would just check the most recent firmware updates before deciding on another device, as both EasyMesh, and the Wired Backhaul feature will be listed in the patch notes.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-04-21 04:37:10

@Riley_S 

Thanks again, I figured this is the best solution.

I was thinking, could I put the same SSID name on both Archer C80s?

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 4