ICON ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ICON ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ICON ?
ICON ?
2023-05-09 00:48:18

So what do the green signal strength icons tell me?   Note ones green the other grey.   I'm trying to understand why I can't connect garage door openers to my new X20 mesh system.    Everything else connects but the garage only has the door openers.    

f57db4b11db34a32a47e6c82a5d544c6

Options
2 Reply
Re:ICON ?
2023-05-09 00:56:57

@Bvfry 

The Line between the Nodes represents the backhaul and what Deco node each unit is connected to.  In most cases, it will look like this.  the Main unit in the middle and the remote nodes is connected to it.  The icon above a line is the type of backhaul in use.  In your case, it's a wireless backhaul.  The color of the icon and the number of bars lit indicates the signal and strength.  based on what I am seeing the Node in the Garage has a poor signal to the main unit.  I would suggest moving it closer or if your home is wired for ethernet to the Garage node using the home's wiring to the main unit.    

Options
Re:ICON ?
2023-05-09 01:46:22

@Carl  Thanks for the great explanation!   I suspected a weak signal at the garage node but was hoping for something different as I was able to connect with an iPad and stream YouTube.   

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 2

Related Articles