New Wi-Fi 7 Router Released: Archer BE800
New Wi-Fi 7 Router Released: Archer BE800
2023-05-11 19:19:53 - last edited 2023-09-01 18:48:37
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Archer BE800: BE19000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Router

abf822ce78fb4473b66473d30dddef0f

We are excited to announce the arrival of the Archer BE800 – TP-Link’s latest Wi-Fi 7 Router. Powered by the latest Wi-Fi 7 technology, the Archer BE800 is able to achieve lightning-fast speeds of up to 19Gbps. With its groundbreaking technologies, the Archer BE800 is designed to give you a seamless, high-speed, and secure connection to the internet. Other Features Include:

Multi-Gig: Dual 10G Ports, 4x2.5G Ports, 1x USB 3.0 Port

Mesh Connectivity: EasyMesh + OneMesh Compatibility

Wi-Fi 7: Multi-Link Operation, Beamforming, 4k-QAM, 320 MHz Channels, 8x8 MU-MIMO

VPN Connections: Client + Server

03ef6c7b47e64feb9130ca145a17a638

We are truly excited about the Archer BE800 and believe it is a game-changer in home networking technology. Whether you're a gamer, a streaming enthusiast, or just want a reliable and fast internet connection, the Archer BE800 is designed with you in mind.

Read More About the BE800 on the Official Product Overview Page

Or

Purchase the BE800 on Best Buy Now!

Options
15 Reply
Re:New Wi-Fi 7 Router Released: Archer BE800
2023-06-20 02:12:46
Lots of issues with this platform. Behaves like a prototype sold in a fancy Retail Box - WAY before it was ready to release.
Options
2023-06-21 16:38:34

@YourMainD,

Can you provide specifics about what you experienced as our teams would appreciate any information or feedback. 

I would also make sure that you have updated the firmware when you first receive the device, as we have already released an update to address many of the behaviors already reported by users.

Options
2023-06-21 20:12:00 - last edited 2023-06-21 20:14:24

@Riley_S   I'm happy to provide..

This is relative to: Archer BE800(US)_V1.6_1.0.2 Build 20230509

The WPS function doesn't 'function' when the BE800 is converted to the AP Mode of operation.

Compared to a slew of other mfg's wireless routers, TP-Link does something odd in translating packets from an upstream Modem.  Linksys, D-Link and Netgear routers will allow ones browser to access the internal configuration pages of the modem - which are essential to detailing ISP/Router performance and providing troubleshooting information when needed.  The BE800 90% of the time simply blocks entirely the access to these 'tables' and on rare occasion - appears to actually start working but then cuts-offs (truncates) the info and locks up.  [ see attachment for what I am referring to as a WORKING example - not a TP-Link scenario... ]

I also noticed frequent channel disconnects on the unit I purchased - but I stopped testing it thoroughly due to the items above.  I'm preparing to return this purchase.

Stability seems to be a bit questionable, even with the latest firmware.  And not what I expected for something priced this high.

f5b17b1d75c74fd3a38fdd44e43cf636

Options
2023-06-21 22:05:46

@YourMainD,

I will have our team take a look at the WPS case, as I do not know if this was by design or is not working as intended.

The Admin Interface is interesting though, as I would have thought that you would either be able to access it or not, without any in between of getting kicked out of the interface. I would imagine that this may be due to the LAN/WAN autoconfig, or setting your Gateway IP address to Auto.

From our recent Starlink Article, to access the management interface of the Starlink Gateway/Modem, it is recommended to configure a Static Route pointing to the Starlink Gateway while in Bypass Mode. 

For the Disconnects, as the Wi-Fi 7 routers have a much wider possible channel width, I would recommend trying to decrease your channel width so that there is less potential for conflicts and interference. Also, did you happen to notice if the disconnects were at a network level, or were only happening to devices sending traffic? What did the disconnects look like across the network?

Options
2023-06-22 01:13:13 - last edited 2023-06-22 01:16:22

@Riley_S 

Riley, by definition, for the BE800 to be a industry standard "AP Mode" compatible device, that button should be working... otherwise the AP Mode should be completely removed from the configuration manifest of options.  My guess is that it's a bug.

The dropped channel behavior spans multiple devices - meaning - when I saw it go down with a mobile device and double checked with a computer, the network channel was simply not showing.

If you can explain the relevance of Bypass mode in using the BE800 with an upstream router, that would be helpful.

Options
2023-06-28 23:16:05

@Riley_S 

... and then nothing more than silence.

TP-Link has serious problems.

Options
2023-08-07 17:58:29 - last edited 2023-08-07 18:01:25

@Riley_S I have had my BE800 for a couple of months now and everything has been running pretty well. I noticed that with my gaming computer connected to the 10g connection on the computer and the 10g on the router, when the router gets a lot of data it goes into exclemation point. I am on V1 latest firmware.

I noticed that when on Windows 11 network diagnostic mode. It reset the ethernet connection and it went away. I have the arris surfboard s22 connected to the left 10gb port and the computer is on the right 10gb port.

When the router is asked to download a lot a data, like coming frome a large steam game download, it starts runs for a minute or two and then then the data drops and the 10gb ethernet connection on the desktop disconnects from the router and then the router goes into the exclamation point mode. Strange behavor and wanted to report it. The motherboard has a Marvell AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter if this can help.

Thanks, for the support.

Options
2023-08-07 18:19:49

@jclocker,

Thanks for letting us know of the behavior - I have already begun to bring this to the attention of the team. For now:

What speeds do you receive from your ISP? Are you able to reach your full speed through a wired speed test?

With such a large connection, you may try to limit the bandwidth of the connection on your PC side to see if there is a cutoff when the behavior stops.

You may try to change the DNS server to make sure that the error is not caused by dropped packets or latency.

Lastly, what did you need to do to make your BE800 no longer show the exclamation mark? Did you need to restart the router, or only disconnect the PC?

Options
2023-08-08 12:40:10

@Riley_S I have Xfinity with 800mbps down, 28mbps up, wire speed is perfect get full bandwidth from Internet provider.

The idea of limiting the data over the 10gb connection over the Ethernet port to the router is a good idea was thinking that, if there is some kind of buffer overflow issue on the computer or the router.

I had to restart the router, so it would go threw it boot sequence to bring it back into operation. I tried to disconnect the Ethernet's from the computer and modem and even switched them around to test. The exclamation point did not go away until I did a power recycle on it.

Oh also I would try to get to the IP address of the router from the browser and it would not let me into the software on the router, until I did a reboot and no longer had the exclamation point. I tried to disconnect the computer and even tried a different slower 1gb Ethernet port. The router would not comeback until I rebooted it.

Would like to see someway to get into the router to see what might be going on with the Ethernet ports or the Internet broadband connection to see what might be going on with the router.

Or even with the cool LED's on the front you could give more communications about what might be going on with the router, the ports or the wifi, it is like a little diagnostic display board for the router.

Thank You

Options
2023-08-27 14:58:07 - last edited 2023-08-27 14:58:53

@jclocker Want to give you an update on the BE800, I was doing some more testing and found out when I could not get Internet connection on the Marvell AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter I tried WIFI 6e on the router on my highend gaming computer and had no problem so it looks like not a problem with the router Internet connection functioning. When I looked at the connection information on windows 11 it looked like it was connected but was not getting internet communications. So I switched off the WIFI and went to the advanced network connection and disabled and then reenabled a couple of times, and the communication from the Marvell AQtion 10Gbit communication then reestablished and could get to the Internet. So looks like some kind of handshaking between the card and the router on the 10Gbit connection, but recycling the port adapter brought the Windows 11 computer back online with the 10Gbit port FYI.

Thanks, Jim

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2024

Replies: 15

Related Articles