T4U Plus Drivers have to be reinstalled every boot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 12:22:14
Model: Archer T4U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

Everytime I power down my PC, I always have to reinstall the driver for the adapter. If i do not while gaming ill have intermittent packet loss. So in game I'll be running then rubberband back 5-10ft over and over again, until I reinstall the driver. I've went through numerous games and had the same issue and have been able to pinpoint it to the driver.

Options
1 Reply
Re:T4U Plus Drivers have to be reinstalled every boot
2023-05-16 16:23:04

@R4mbo,

Does clearning your IP Configuration in the command prompt with ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew fix the rubberbanding? I would also recommend trying to disable and reenable the network adapter in your adapter settings.

I would first check to see if your BIOS is up to date, you can check for any windows or firmware updates through the windows update service.

You may also try using the generic driver to see if it will fix the behavior, as many users find the generic drivers perform equally as well.

I would recommend trying to set an IP reservation for your PC through your router settings and disabling any USB power saving or suspend settings so that the  adapter will have a guaranteed path to reestablish its connection after a PC restart

Options