Websites detecting me as spam

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-21 20:07:17
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230219 rel.69802(5553)

I recently turned in my Xfinity equipment and replaced it with a Motorola modem and TP-Link Router.  Since doing so, I am having issues with a few websites where I post in their forums.  On those sites, my posts are being detected as spam.  If I use my account on a cellular connection, I have no issues posting.  As soon as I turn on my Wi-Fi, they once again get detected as spam and blocked for moderator review.

Anyone have an idea why this would be happening?  Never saw anything like this while using the Xfinity equipment.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Websites detecting me as spam
2023-05-22 17:01:56

@jz68,

Defintely strange. I think this is a result of the filters those forums have placed for security reasons.

I would first try changing your DNS server to a common service, such as Google or Cloudflare, as this will change the route your traffic will take to reach its destination.

I would also recommend reaching out to the moderators of one of the forums, as they may be able to provide more information about why your posts are being automatically blocked.

Has this also been happening for a longer period of time? It could be that your forums are looking at your network properties or IP address to help determine if it is an unusual login attempt, and these had changed when exchanging equipment.

Options
Re:Websites detecting me as spam
2023-05-22 18:41:45

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the reply.  I ended up changing the MAC address on the router so it would trigger a new IP address being assigned and that took care of the issue.   

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 2

Related Articles