BE 95 or firewalla gold for routing?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-23 01:16:57
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

anyone using the new wifi 7 stuff with a Firewalla?

curious as to how the Deco's work as high class access points..

I would use the Deco's system exclusively, but I dont think the "firewall" and security protocols on the Deco's are anything like twhat he Firewalla offers

thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:BE 95 or firewalla gold for routing?
2023-05-24 07:18:45

@wase4711 

I hope BE95 could be available in my country very soon. I am using M4 working as an Access Point and they work very well. BE95 should perform the same with such a higher price. But it is a kind of waste to use it as an access point. Many features are missing under AP mode:https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2399/

there aren't many Wi-Fi 7 clients yet and if you only want to use its Mesh and wireless coverage, maybe you could start with their Wi-Fi 6 or 6e models.

Options
2023-05-24 12:48:14

@Lawrence-C thanks, I have had wifi 6 since it came out, so I am very familiar with this tech

I just cant decide if I should use it with my firewalla gold or on its own

Options
2023-05-25 06:04:30

@wase4711 

Then you might already know better than me. Since I don't have BE95, no further experience could be shared.

I see BE95 still uses HomeShield and its security function might be quite similar to your current Wi-Fi 6 Deco. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 3