X60 V2 new firmware when?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-31 05:37:01 - last edited 2023-06-05 09:31:04
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi Tp-Link

My Deco X60 firmware is 2 years old (build 20210204 rel. 50164), and there are still no updates. And M4 model just got another update.

Do you plan to make an update for my device nearest time?

Thanks

Nick

Options
6 Reply
Re:X60 V1.5.1 new firmware when?
2023-06-01 00:30:22

@Nick2019,

Unfortunately, we have no insights into what models will receive the feature update and when. If any security issues arise, there will be updates pushed to the models, however looking at the update history it looks like there has been nothing of concern. The 1.5.1 firmware is still relatively recent  - meaning the X60 probably received an extremely stable firmware that did not need further optimization updates. The M4, on the other hand, has received a few updates as the features were tested and released gradually for this model.

It is worth noting that in the recent Deco firmware post on the forum, the X60 v3  received the update. This is the first of all the hardware versions to receive the update, so you may receive an update soon, but we cannot confirm that the V1 will receive the features. I will keep an eye out and see if I can find any more information about prospective releases.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:X60 V2 new firmware when?
2023-06-01 06:44:18 - last edited 2023-06-05 09:30:45

@Riley_S

First of all sorry, I made a mistake in the firmware version, I have version 2.

The existing firmware is quite good. But I am missing some features I had on M4 before. The main of them is "Preferred Signal Source Selection for Satellite Deco Nodes". I still can't do it on the X60, which should be on a higher level than M4.

Options
2023-09-16 05:53:47

@Riley_S Is there any update on when the next X60 v2 firmware is targeted for release?
I have the x60 v2 running Firmware 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50164

It is 2yrs old and my main problem is parental controls. If I block a specific site/app fully or set a scheduled time to block access the devices always have problems getting back into a normal allowed state.

Options
2023-09-18 19:12:38

@Nick2019,

Unfortunately, I do not have any clue. The firmware has been starting to appear on older hardware versions, but there are still versions missing out, and I do not know if they are set to receive it soon. However, the firmware that you are running is supposed to be a stable firmware and was the ultimate firmware before the development of the new features began. It may be that development was pushed since it already had many of the "key" networking features that users were looking for, such as UPnP.

I want to say that the v3s just received their update relatively recently so it may be on its way for your version.

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

Options
2023-09-18 19:15:31

@bartipoo,

What does the behavior look like in particular?

What type of parental control setting do you set? What happens when block expires? Is it able to recover the connection on its own?

If not, does disabling and resenabling the wireless functionality on the device fix the behavior?

Does this happen with only a specific device or type of device? What type of device is it?

Do you have any other Decos on your network, or any other network extenders?

Options
2023-09-29 17:09:49

@Riley_S 

Saying you don't know is not an acceptable answer. How about asking managment what the expected time frame is or if they even intend to do a firmware update for the other versions. 2 years is not a "recent" firmware update and in tech is stone age. Really would like to see MUCH better support of products from TP link or next router will be another manufacturer.

Systems Support Technician: We do PRECISION Guess Work based on unreliable data provided by those of Questionable Knowledge
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 595

Replies: 6

Related Articles