AX55 Access Point with Fixed IP requesting an IP from my Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-08 14:14:22
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I am in the process of upgrading my six acess points to AX55's. They are set up with fixed IP addresses and DHCP is turned off.

My TL-R600VPN router reports the mac address for one of them is continually requesting an IP address. New access point 2 is not doing the same.

Is there something in the configuration causing this? Ideas or suggestions appreciated!

Ken

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX55 Access Point with Fixed IP requesting an IP from my Router
2023-06-14 15:04:30

@SPC_Church_Tech OK. It is getting worse.... Third AP replaced and now I have two repeatedly asking for an IP from my DHCP server (main router). Requests are coming in 7x per minute. Ideas? Suggestions? I am concerned about the load from all six new AP's once I have them deployed.

Thanks!

Options
Re:AX55 Access Point with Fixed IP requesting an IP from my Router
2023-06-26 20:16:19

@SPC_Church_Tech 

I don't know if I can help you that much but can offer a few suggestions.  I am not familiar with the TL-R600VPN router but I do use AX55 routers here, both as routers and access points. I assume your AP fixed addresses are static addresses and not reserved addresses.

Do you have another router that you can test the APs with?  If the logs of the test router show that the AP is in fact requesting an IP, then definitely there is a problem with the AP if it is set up with a static IP.  If the test router does not reflect DHCP requests in its logs, then you could use Wireshark to examine the network DHCP requests.

I would also make sure that the AX55s have the latest firmware upgrade (1.2.3) as there were some AP problems with earlier versions.

Options