Homeshield

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Homeshield

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Homeshield
Homeshield
2023-06-12 18:34:22 - last edited 2023-06-14 21:30:33

I have a question regarding Homeshield. I have been reading reviews on various routers as I am looking to get a newer model for my upcoming conversion to fiber optics. I noticed in a few reviews that one of the biggest drawbacks is needing a subscription to Homeshield. So my question is, does one have to have that service for the router to be fully functional, or is that just an add-on. If it is needed, then I will look at another brand but I like the specs for what I need and the price.

Thnx,

Tom

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Homeshield-Solution
2023-06-12 23:48:26 - last edited 2023-06-14 21:30:33

@Tommy6860 

Hello Tom,

There are two varieties of HomeShield.  There is Pro and Free.  Free is automatic and Pro has a subscription.  This site shows you the differences between the two.  Pro builds off the Free version by providing IoT security and network protection features.  It enhances some of the Parental control features like betimes, offtime and rewards.  It provides more detailed reports and notifications.  

If you have more specific questions let me know.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Homeshield-Solution
2023-06-12 23:48:26 - last edited 2023-06-14 21:30:33

@Tommy6860 

Hello Tom,

There are two varieties of HomeShield.  There is Pro and Free.  Free is automatic and Pro has a subscription.  This site shows you the differences between the two.  Pro builds off the Free version by providing IoT security and network protection features.  It enhances some of the Parental control features like betimes, offtime and rewards.  It provides more detailed reports and notifications.  

If you have more specific questions let me know.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 685

Replies: 1

Related Articles