No idea what's going on...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-19 11:13:10

I have absolutely no idea if my issue has been addressed or not, because of all the jargon used here.  I am not a professional in this field, and I don't understand any of the technobabble being used.

I have an AC1750 router, and I would like to know how to find out what my password is before I tell my computer to "forget it" and log back in again. I saw a video that said it would reset the router to help solve slow internet problems. 

Just a few days ago, everything started getting slower on the internet. YouTube was taking longer to load, webpages were taking longer to load, and now it takes several minutes to bring up a webpage, where before it took just seconds to do it.

I am having a lot of trouble even trying to figure out what to do.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:No idea what's going on...
2023-06-20 16:33:08

@Lancer525 

This will tell you how to log into your router to find the IP address.  For help with the speed and buffering issues, we would need more information about your network.  

• Who is your ISP?
  • What speed to you pay for?
  • Do you live in a heavily populated area?
  • Are there a lot of wireless networks around you?
Options
Re:No idea what's going on...
2023-06-21 23:07:57

Lancer525 wrote

I have absolutely no idea if my issue has been addressed or not, because of all the jargon used here.  I am not a professional in this field, and I don't understand any of the technobabble being used.

@Lancer525 

So, what IS your issue?

Lancer525 wrote

I have an AC1750 router, and I would like to know how to find out what my password is before I tell my computer to "forget it" and log back in again. I saw a video that said it would reset the router to help solve slow internet problems. 

I assume the model is an A7 or C7, but your Password is one you either set or is on the back label of the router? You should have kept that somewhere safe.

Forget it? Not sure what you meant?

Log back in? You need the present UserID and Password. You CAN reset the router to the shipped settings, It will then have the p/w on the router label. Google "tp-link reset router" and you'll find many links.

Lancer525 wrote

Just a few days ago, everything started getting slower on the internet. YouTube was taking longer to load, webpages were taking longer to load, and now it takes several minutes to bring up a webpage, where before it took just seconds to do it.

Well, that doesn't describe the problem fully, what changed from what to what, and why you thought resetting the router would fix it?

Could be many reasons...

More details on what happened would help here, that and what steps you can not understand or follolw?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 2

Related Articles