Archer AX11000 v1.0 Export System Logs and Configure DNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 16:35:29
Tags: #Feature Request #logging
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20221128 rel.45807(5553)

Hello,

How do I configure my router to forward system logs to an external server? I am using Archer AX11000 v1.0 and want to send my firewall logs and authentication logs from this router to Splunk on my network. I cannot seem to find a way to export these logs aside from emailing them or saving them to a local file.

If there is no built-in mechanism are there any workarounds? Can I configure an external USB drive to run a script and forward them or something? 

I'd also like to be able to configure custom DNS names for devices on my network. I know I can modify the hosts file on each device but that is not scalable. Is there a way to modify the router hosts file and/or use dnsmasq? There appears to be no built-in functionality but is there a workaround that can be done using an external USB?

I have a backup Netgear router with dd-wrt installed and it has all of the features I desire. Unfortunately, the AX11000 seems to lack some power user features and does not support custom firmware.

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 0

Tags

Related Articles