Missing malicious filter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Missing malicious filter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Missing malicious filter
Missing malicious filter
2023-07-05 06:30:16
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

I'm paying for HomeShield and it is filtering out Amazon website 

d3ag4hukkh62yn . cloudfront . net which is needed to access Amazon.com via iPhone app.  Unfortunately, I cannot find the Malicious Content Filter on my TP-Link Deco app in my phone.  I tried to access the gateway app and it has even less details.

I'm logged into the app with my manager account, and it should have all the permissions I need.

How can I unblock this Amazon address?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Missing malicious filter
2023-07-06 09:01:53

@MickeyNet 

Hi, Have you set up any parental control rules for the iPhone? If yes, maybe you could temporarily remove iPhone from the profile.

And it is also suggested to turn off web protection temporarily.

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-07-12 02:48:17

@David-TP sorry for delay in replying.  

I do not have parental controls setup.  I doubled checked and not using it.

Turning off protection temporarily doesn't make sense.  Using Amazon is something we do normally.  If we have to disable it every time we use Amazon, it makes more sense to stop paying for HomeShield and get a firewall instead.

I've had to leave it down for quite some time already,

Options
2023-07-15 14:58:09
I’m going to Micro Center store today and investigate getting hardware based firewall or possibly a new WiFi mesh that has filtering capabilities. Doesn’t make sense to me that I cannot filter out one website and have to disable everything AND pay to turn off my security to go to Amazon. Seems like TP-Link is trying to get me to not use Amazon.
Options