Archer BE900 and ethernet backhaul for MESH

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-17 19:51:42
Tags: #EasyMesh #Wi-Fi 7 #ethernet backhaul

Hi All,

Im looking at moving to the BE900 but due to the size of my home, really need to be able to have ethernet backhaul for MESH. Anyone have any experience with the BE900 supporting ethernet backhaul? TP- Link chat feature with support is pretty useless. Thanks in advance!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer BE900 and ethernet backhaul for MESH
2023-07-19 23:42:05

@Tcv21,

The BE900 does not currently support EasyMesh wired backhauls, but the feature is being actively developed for the Wi-Fi 7 models so keep an eye out for an official announcement. Keep in mind that in order to create the Easymesh network, you will need to have other routers or extenders that are also EasyMesh compatible.

If you are already looking for a mesh network, you may want to look at the BE95 as it is just as powerful, it just uses Deco Mesh technology.

Options
2023-08-07 13:17:29

@Riley_S thanks so much. I have (2) on BE900's in the box. I have a fairly large home and it requires 2 nodes however the layout of the home requires ethernet backhaul for the connection to be strong enough across the footprint. I did speak with Technical support and the firmware for the BE900 is being created for the features that I need. Its just a waiting game now :).

Options
2023-08-07 17:27:04

@Tcv21,

It is definitely on the way, as we have a seen a few of the preliminary results for the features. I can tease that the wait will be well worth it, as it looks to use the latest networking technologies to reach some incredible speeds.

Options
2023-09-21 16:34:45

@Riley_S 

Hopefully its sooner than later! I havent taken my 900's out of the box yet and wont until I can flash the firmware and get ethernet backhaul. I appreciate the feedback!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 4

Tags

EasyMesh Wi-Fi 7
ethernet backhaul
Related Articles