TL-WA1201 Multi SSID / Multi VLAN Configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-19 23:50:32
Model: TL-WA1201  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.10.32 Build 221020 Rel.61052n(5553)

Hi! I am having trouble fully settting up my mulit SSID / multi VLAN configuration with the TL-WA1201. 

I am currently using a Ubuntu DHCP server + TL-SG108E Managed Switch. 

I am pretty sure that I have all of my subnets/VLANs and ports tagged correctly but I am only able to get two of the four SSID/VLANs to work.

Working:

-VLAN20 (5Ghz)

10.0.0.0/27

-VLAN40 (2.4Ghz)

172.0.1.0/27

Not Working:

-VLAN60 (5Ghz)

172.0.2.0/29

-VLAN50 (2.4Ghz)

172.0.0.0/28

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like VLAN60 or VLAN50 are reaching the DHCP server somehow? I'm pretty sure the configuratons are correct as I literally did all the same steps when setting up all of the VLANs and port tagging. 

Does this access point only support 1 VLAN per Ghz? 

Please advise. 

Thanks in advanced! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA1201 Multi SSID / Multi VLAN Configuration
2023-07-20 00:18:06

@mwei 

In review of the UG the WA1201 multi-SSID setup is fairly simply once in Multi-SSID mode you just configured each band with up to 4 SSIDs (network name and desired security) and the assigned VLAN ID.  only 1 VLAN per SSID.  Repeat this for 5GHz and it should connect with no issues.  So the concern could be on the Easy Smart switch the TL-SG108E and how it is configured.  The team for this community isn't able to assist with the SMB business products, we would love to but we just don't have the SMB training to effectively support such products but if you post this on our SMB community Here  Our SMB team and customers should be able ot help with ease. 

Options
Re:TL-WA1201 Multi SSID / Multi VLAN Configuration
2023-07-20 00:46:11

@Carl

Carl wrote

@mwei 

In review of the UG the WA1201 multi-SSID setup is fairly simply once in Multi-SSID mode you just configured each band with up to 4 SSIDs (network name and desired security) and the assigned VLAN ID.  only 1 VLAN per SSID.  Repeat this for 5GHz and it should connect with no issues.  So the concern could be on the Easy Smart switch the TL-SG108E and how it is configured.  The team for this community isn't able to assist with the SMB business products, we would love to but we just don't have the SMB training to effectively support such products but if you post this on our SMB community Here  Our SMB team and customers should be able ot help with ease. 

Understood, thanks for the quick response! My current configuration followed exactly what you said / was stated in the UG so this at least gives me a bit more confidence that the configurations on this access point's side is good. 

Will post in teh SMB community to see if the SMB team and customers can help me. 

Thanks again! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 467

Replies: 2

Related Articles