Bridging fails with '5ghz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bridging fails with '5ghz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-25 18:48:55 - last edited 2023-07-26 02:12:09
Model: Archer C2600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20170306 Rel. 33258

I've used the router as main router for several years and both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz were working great. Now I've switched it to WDS bridged mode (5Ghz). It works for several hours (between 3 and 12 so far) and suddenly the 5Ghz antenna is completely shut down. I get the message: 5ghz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country (which is obviously false!). At this point, I have no choice but to reboot the router. After reboot the message is gone and I can enjoy another 3 to 12 hours of bridging before it fails again.

What's going on? What's causing it to fail like this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bridging fails with '5ghz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country'
2023-07-26 19:24:45

@Phodyssey,

Are you in the US, using a US model router?

It is possible that the prompt is being thrown because you are trying to use DFS channels for the 5GHz, which will bring your 5GHz network down while there are official communications happening on that channel. You may try changing your 5GHz to use channels outside of the declared DFS channels. It may just be that the enabling of WDS causes this check to occur more frequently or changed the channels to communicate between devices. 

Lastly, have you waited a longer period of time to see if the 5GHz connections will eventually rebuild themselves or do the other APs stay disconnected until the rotuer is rebooted?

Options
Re:Bridging fails with '5ghz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country'
2023-07-27 19:43:13

@Riley_S 

Thank you for your answer.

Are you in the US, using a US model router?

I am in Canada.

It is possible that the prompt is being thrown because you are trying to use DFS channels for the 5GHz, which will bring your 5GHz network down while there are official communications happening on that channel. You may try changing your 5GHz to use channels outside of the declared DFS channels. It may just be that the enabling of WDS causes this check to occur more frequently or changed the channels to communicate between devices. 

The main router channel is set to auto. It always chooses 36 or 161, so it doesn't seem like this is the problem.

Lastly, have you waited a longer period of time to see if the 5GHz connections will eventually rebuild themselves or do the other APs stay disconnected until the rotuer is rebooted?

I have waited a couple of hours with no success. After failing, the "5Ghz Status" shows

Wireless Radio: On
Mode: 802.11a/n/ac mixed

Channel Width: Auto

Channel: Auto (Current channel 1) -- normally 161

WDS Status: Assoc -- normally Run

On the main router, the channel is still 161 (not 1 !) and the Archer C2600 doesn't show up as a connected device. I have no idea what triggers the disconnection, but It looks like a bug to me.

I discovered that the bug seems to only happen when both routers (main and bridge) have the same SSID. I have not seen any disconnection so far (24h+) if I choose a different SSID on the C2600. This is not as practical as having a single SSID but at least I don't have to constantly reboot.

Options