Access point problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access point problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access point problems
Access point problems
2023-08-13 07:54:04

I have Ethernet run to my shop. This access point was working fine until I changed routers. I factory reset the access point and reconnected by setting it up on the new router. Inside the house I have internet connection on the access point but when I take the ap out to my shop and hook it up I have no internet connection. I have tried several different things but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm hoping one of you can help. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access point problems
2023-09-11 01:39:52
Does a laptop connected directly to the Ethernet connection in your shop work? If not, it's that cable. You can buy an inexpensive ethernet cable tester and verify. Otherwise you are saying that you have set up the access point in the house, and with it connected to your network, everything runs great. But when you simply move it to the cable that runs to your shop, it fails to work? disconnect the shop ethernet cable for the switch in your house and connect a shorter cable between it and the access point. If it doesn't work, the port on your switch is bad.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 1

Related Articles