How do I extend my fios router with X50 Outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 18:35:43
Model: Deco X50 - Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just purchased this device because I was told that I could use it to extend my wifi.  I have Fios and I was able to set it up but it wants to create a new network.  I want to extend the current network and it keep the same SSID and password.  I guess I could assign it the same name and password but after doing that and then taking it outside, I get a red light.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How do I extend my fios router with X50 Outdoor
2023-08-16 21:32:11
I am having the same problem. I have spectrum wifi and want to boost it outdoors. It keeps saying it can't find deco and won't finish setting up. I have the blue flashing light but no go.
Options
Re:How do I extend my fios router with X50 Outdoor
2023-08-16 21:49:55

@ITSMMan @Echobird 

Deco systems, including the Deco X50-Outdoor, do not extend an existing wireless signal. They can only extend an existing Deco system.  To use a Deco X50-Outdoor as part of a non-Deco system you would need to physically connect the Deco to the host router or a switch connected to the host router and run it in AP mode.  This will allow it to provide a signal but note that it will be a separate SSID (network) from that of the Host.  

You may want to consider swapping the main router for a Deco system for a more robust and full coverage network that can include the Deco X50-outdoor as a part of a seamless mesh system.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 2

Related Articles