New Router Recommendation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-26 14:07:26
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I am currently using an Archer C5400 wifi router in my network.  My ISP is Comcast and I have the 1000Mbps/20Mbps plan. My cable modem is a Netgear CM1000. I have approximately 36-40 devices connected to my network. As of now none of the devices are WiFi6 enabled but that may change in the future.

Since the C5400 router is relatively old, I am considering getting a newer one to replace it. My main concern is getting a router with a good enough signal strength and range to easily get all of the devices connected. I live in a 3000 sqft two story house (three story if you count the basement) and the router is located on the top floor.

The C5400 router is able to get all of my devices connected with no problem, even those in the basement, but has started having issues with retaining an IPV6 address.  I have to periodically go into the admin pages and reset the IPV6 settings.

Any advise or recommendations for a new router that has the same or better range than the C5400 and more reliable IPV6 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks . . .

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 215

Replies: 0

Related Articles