What is going on with this FORUM?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-31 14:03:35

I just logged in and I see this as the list of threads:

c08b638d07e242369fafe87cd72b6b9b

Old threads are after the pinned ones? Filter Sort is Recent Posts... and page 2 is also messed up?

Is it only me?

Options
3 Reply
Re:What is going on with this FORUM?
2023-09-01 18:44:47

@IrvSp,

Pinned threads will always show at the top of the list and the post date does not actually affect the order of the posts, we have separate rules for admins to allow manual sorting of posts, without pinning it - no matter the date, these posts will appear in the order that they are set. Oftentimes we pin solutions that are used by many users (look at the view count).

You can expect to actually see a great deal of changes made to these systems and the overall community + forums soon. We are currently working on updating the entire community, and based on the designs and functionality we have seen, it will be far more user-friendly and easier to navigate. If you have any recommendations that could improve the community or forums, feel free to let us know.

The home for official content and newsletter content will also be changing soon, as we have plans to host the newsletter content as a blog on our forum - which will help reduce clutter.

Lastly, we are currently extremely busy planning but unfortunately happen also to be short-staffed right now - but I plan to go through the entire forum and clean up the sorting rules that we have set in the past. In case you didn't notice, changes are already being made, such as the fact that content across the KB and stories will now automatically appear in the forum feeds - this changed the sorting rules and may have flooded a few of the modules with official posts.

Options
2023-09-01 19:35:14

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the reply...

You might have missed what I was saying. It was the order AFTER the pinned ones. 

It now appears something is now working, but some threads are sort of 'stuck' at the top, and maybe that was the problem I saw and captured above.

Here is what I see now:

5d029327dd5840b694a1fbf64ac6c3c5

Top one IS Pinned, no problem. The bottom 2 are your replies. Last post is within the hour. However, the 2 between your posts and the pinned one is way out of order by the last post date. That is the 2 above the ones you replied to have dates of 2022-06-24 followed by 2023-01-20, those are way out of order? Either that or I don't know how or why they show above your 2 replies?

Maybe I'm jaded, but I like to see the most recent ones first by last reply. Those generally would be of more value than the one that was last posted into on May of '22.

A suggestion I would have is with reguards to a specific Subject sorting. Right now they are in original post and all replies sequentially. I know some other forums are tying 'threaded' subjects... that is you read all the replies indented in a sub thread.

Like this....

Original messsage

Reply 1

Sub-reply

Next reply

reply back

Sub-reply 2

Next reply

Sub-reply 3

Next reply

reply back

Next reply 2

etc.

Makes it easier on long threads and clearer who replied to who.

Options
2023-09-01 19:46:18

@Riley_S 

Another suggestion...

Make someone who starts a subject SELECT a ROUTER and put that info on the page of threads... You already have some showing up, like BUG or FIRMWARE UPDATE. Most Routers that are still being sold or supported could be a pulldown selection list or common problems, as well as Other as chioces...

Such as like these two above:

776975b2dd9244a28e00d160ffc7ca20

The first of course was done by a forum member, but one doesn't know what it pertains to, what router is it for? 2nd one is created by someone within TP-Link, and they have the capability to add those keywords AND put the router model in the Subject. With those 3 parts of extra info it is clear what it about. Not the first one, at least until I read it?

Options