Need help selecting best setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-31 20:54:15
Model: Deco X50 - Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Netgear Nighthawk C7000v2 router and looking to add mesh router with one or two satellites.

Our home is 3700 sq ft and one level. The Nighthawk router is in the center of the home and I can run ethernet in the attic if better to connect that way.

I also would like one of the satellites to be the Deco x50- oudoor. I will mount on back patio with covered roof so people can get wifi out by the pool.

Do I need a router and two satellites of should one satellite cover the house and patio?

Thanks this is a very confusing decision to make.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Need help selecting best setup
2023-09-01 06:05:58

@pinkstonms 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you plan to extend the signal to the back patio only? If yes,  You could connect the Deco X50-outdoor via an Ethernet cable directly to the Netgear Nighthawk C7000v2 router.

But if you wish Deco X50-outdoor to be wirelessly connected to the Network, you might need one more Deco to be wired to the Netgear router first, then Deco X50-OUT would be wirelessly connected to the first main Deco. In this situation, Deco X50 is recommended as the main Deco.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-01 19:30:03

@David-TP 

thanks, yes house is one level and easy to run Ethernet cable so I plan to wire each satellite. House is 3700 sq ft so I may go with two satellites.

Options
2023-09-01 19:34:49

@David-TP 

I read the X50 May be slower than normal satellite. I will be mounting on bulkhead around ceiling it will be under cover should I just use the normal satellite?

Options
2023-09-04 00:18:48

What about this unit (TP-Link Deco AX3000 PoE Mesh WiFi(Deco X50-PoE)) how does it compare in connectivity with the TP-Link Deco AX7800. Are these PoE units as robust as the regular satellites. I have cat 6 wire as I mentioned running from the router to the area where I will be mounting the satellite.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 4

Related Articles