Variable speed in one location

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-03 04:53:18
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel.37999(5553)

I have the router close to one corner of the house, while the computer device in question is located in the opposite corner diagonally of the house.

The computer sometimes gets great speeds, in the high 200 Mbps, close to 300.

At other times, it only gets speeds of about 10 Mbps.

Any thoughts on why it would vary so much?

I first thought about getting a powerline from TPT and creating a mesh. But have read device here and elsewhere that if it's not on the same circuit, performance will be poor.

The alternative, a WiFi extender, is problematic as well. There's not a good spot for the extender. One wall socket power source is too far from computer and the other is too far from router. There is an ideal spot for an extender, but I would have to have a wall socket power source installed ther.ee

Any feedback / input would be most wlecome!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Variable speed in one location
2023-09-03 23:50:46

@Daveed 

With an extender, place it less than half way between the router and the devices as most try placing it to far from the router. Also try turning your router as that may help as would changing the height. Moving it just a few feet can make a difference also.

Options