Deco 1.9.0 Feature Overview: Wi-Fi Access Control, Matter, Local Only Modes (Coming Soon)

Deco 1.9.0 Feature Overview: Wi-Fi Access Control, Matter, Local Only Modes (Coming Soon)

41 Reply
Re:Deco 1.9.0 Feature Overview: Wi-Fi Access Control, Matter, Local Only Modes (Coming Soon)
2023-10-13 00:16:25

@Riley_S Since the upgrade and Deco app update I am getting a message that says client list failed to load when using Deco app. It says to reboot main Deco. Sometimes I'm losing communication between main deco and my 2 ethernet back haul nodes. Sometimes WiFi goes down then comes back up. My X55 system has been rock solid before this. If I roll back to the previous firmware version will this fix my problems or is there something else I can do?

Thanks.

Options
Re:Deco 1.9.0 Feature Overview: Wi-Fi Access Control, Matter, Local Only Modes (Coming Soon)
2023-10-14 00:34:11

@NuklearNik,

I would check your firmware version against what is listed on the site's downloads: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-x55/#Firmware

An Update (1.3.1) with fixes has already been pushed to devices and it is recommended that you update to the latest version. Downgrading your firmware is dependent on the version that you are running and is not generally recommended unless absolutely necessary. 

Options
2023-10-26 23:24:04

cdysthe wrote

@wase4711  So why it is always about features? I want performance and stability. My Deco is my lifeline for work and play. I do not need more features. I need it to provide rock solid Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections. All the time and always! Netgear Orbi couldn't. I'm hoping my TP-Link Deco network can! 

So when will we get that update anyway? 😎

@cdysthe 

Options
2023-10-27 16:30:48

@Riley_S  When will the "Whitelisting" feature referenced above, be avaiable on the Deco XE 75 Pro? I am currently on Deco app Version 3.6.7. Thank you.

Options
2023-10-27 16:44:50

@Stetho,

This update requires that your models receive a firmware update and cannot be delivered via an app update. 

You will need to keep checking for any available firmware updates or checking your product's download page for the most up-to-date firmware and patch notes.

Options
2023-10-28 14:41:56

Riley_S wrote

@Stetho,

This update requires that your models receive a firmware update and cannot be delivered via an app update. 

You will need to keep checking for any available firmware updates or checking your product's download page for the most up-to-date firmware and patch notes.

@Riley_S Not sure I understand this completely. Are you saying that this FW update has to be downloaded and installed through the web interface and won't show up as an update when checking in the phone app for updates? Or are you stating the obvious that you won't receive firmware updates by updatung the phone app itself? 

Options
2023-10-30 18:45:09

@cdysthe,

Just that this is a firmware update to the Decos themselves, as the app has already been updated to support the features, but your nodes need to receive the update for the features to appear.

You will update your Decos in the way that you normally would, whether it be through the OTA delivery in the app, web interface, or via a manual upgrade when it becomes available.

Options
2023-11-05 01:34:28

@Riley_S Wehn will this be coming to the X55 Pro?

Options
2023-11-06 19:54:31

@JJoe,

Development of the firmware is still underway. Currently, the firmware has only been released to the X55 and X50, and we do not know a prospective release date for particular models.

I will provide an update to the community once we begin to see a wider rollout of the features. We know that these features are some of your most requested features, but our teams would like to ensure that the new features provide the best possible experience and do not cause unintentional side effects due to the new features such as Access Control.

Options
2023-11-06 20:17:01

@Riley_S I'm not sure if this applies to my BE95 model, but the last 2 firmware updates have completely broken my otherwise perfect setup.

I get random disconnects from a few minutes to an hour now, it happens randomly, and nothing I have done has changed anything on my own; its always your firmware/software updates.

This, in addition to the non existant web interface, and the in ability to adjust things the way someone like me, who has been doing these systems for decades, has access to has made me decide to get rid of all my Deco products and move onto someone else..

your tech support is worthless, reading off scripts and telling me over and over to do things that dont do a thing to help me;and are more geared towards someone who has no clue about networking or problem solving, and,frankly, you should have never released a half baked, wifi 7 package until you got the protocol and its problems solved..I read all the time about the issues people are having with your wifi 7 products, and I regret investing all this time and money into something that should have never been released to the market.

You've lost me, and many others as customers because of this, but I doubt you care about anything other than selling more units..

Options