Connectivity Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connectivity Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connectivity Issues
Connectivity Issues
2023-09-07 19:30:46
Tags: #Connection Issues
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all. I've had a RE605X up and running for a little over a year now. On occasion I've needed to reboot it, but for the most part it's never given me many issues.

Over the last two days, it has started having major connectivity issues. All lights on the front are blue and solid. However internet becomes really chopping and drops in and out. If i unplug it and let my devices connect to the main router, everything works fine, albiet a little bit slower than in other areas of the house.

Has any one experienced this in the past? How did you resolve it?

I do use my DHCP server to staticlly assign IPs using MAC addresses and I've noticed that this isn't working all the time as my desktop and phone will some times have IPs that I didn't assign to their MAC. But I haven't changed the rules on it in a while, especially ones that would impact this thing. I plan on clearing them all out (deleting them all) after work and restarting the router (TP LINK router as well) to see if that solves any issues. But if not, wondering what others may have done to resolve this issue. I will do a hard reset as well, but open to any other suggestions.

thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connectivity Issues
2023-09-08 03:08:27

@x00 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your main TP-link router?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Change the wireless channel on the main TP-Link router: channel 11 for 2.4GHz and channel 48 for 5GHz.

2. If you create Onemesh with the TP-link router, please temporarily turn off OneMesh and leave it as the standard range extender to see whether it helps improve the stability.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Connectivity Issues
2023-09-08 12:46:09

@David-TP Hi David. I will try changing the channels on the router and I did have it as a OneMesh system so i can turn that off as well and try. All my devices connecting to my main router seem fine when not using the extender, so i hadn't thought of the channel possibility.

my router is Ax60000 V1 and i updated my firmware last night. im running 1.3.1 Build 20230731 rel.41032(5553) now, but was on 1.3.0 prior.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 2

Tags

Connection Issues
Related Articles