Archer AXE300, second 5GHz band is totally unusable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 23:50:54
Model: Archer AXE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20230525 rel.2592(5553)

I just set up my AXE300, and the second 5GHz band, the one with the higher channel numbers, is totally useless. Most of the time, it doesn't even show in the list of available networks(and the devices I'm trying to connect are less than 15 feet away with no walls or other significant barriers in  between). When it does show, devices are unable to connect to it. Those same devices have no problem connecting to the lower-channel 5GHz band, and the ones that are capable are able to connect to the 6GHz band(though not with WPA3, I have to use Enhanced Open or they can't maintain the connection, this is with Intel AX210 network cards). 

Why is the second 5GHz radio completely useless? If I reboot the router it will show in the available networks list for a lttle while, but I won't be able to connect and it will eventually vanish.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AXE300, second 5GHz band is totally unusable
2023-09-21 23:56:42

@pdegan2814 

Try 20 MHz for width, a/n/ac for node and Auto for channel. You area may not support the higher wider bands due to other uses. 

Options