DHCP Server started crashing after latest Deco firmware updates; clients not getting IPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP Server started crashing after latest Deco firmware updates; clients not getting IPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-23 14:15:41
Model: Deco W6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20230619 Rel. 48552

Recently I updated the firmware on my Decos, and I've noticed that the DHCP Server stops running on my network after a short while.

When this happens, devices start self-assigning 169.254.x.x IP addresses, indicating no network. I ran tcpdump -i en0 -n port 67 or port 68 from my laptop and triggered some DHCP lease renewals from my machine to see if anything responds, but nothing does. This indicates that there is no DHCP Server running on my network, despite it being configured in my Deco app. DHCP ran fine on my Deco network for years until this firmware update.

I have my network set up with the main Deco W6000 at 10.0.0.1 and configured to issue DHCP IPs in the range of 10.0.0.100 - 10.0.0.250, and if I reboot my entire network, devices are able to get assigned IPs in that range for a short while. Eventually, it seems like the DHCP Server crashes, because at some point nothing is able to get dynamically-assigned IPs, and nothing on the network responds to DHCP requests after that.

My network has been broken for the better part of a week. There's nothing wrong with my Internet connection; if I manually assign IP addresses, everything works. It's just that clients that require DHCP won't work. So any device without a UI that let's me assign an IP manually is now unusable (which means most of my "smart home" appliances no longer work).

I should also add that I have a mixed-Deco network. My main Deco is the W6000, but I also have a Deco M9 Plus running 1.6.1 Build 20230403 Rel. 70058 and a pair of Deco M4Rs running 1.5.8 Build 20230619 Rel. 48552.

Does anyone have a work-around? If I can't get this sorted soon, I'm going to have to replace all this hardware with something that works.

Also wondering whether using one of my other Decos as the main Deco would avoid the problem. Not really sure given my mix of devices which one would make for the best "main" unit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 347

Replies: 0

Related Articles