Acher BE1900 (AKA BE800) won't maintain internet connection (IP address wont be issued)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Acher BE1900 (AKA BE800) won't maintain internet connection (IP address wont be issued)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-29 19:00:13 - last edited 2023-09-29 19:03:24
Tags: #Wi-Fi 6E #Wi-Fi 7 #no IP address assigned
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: up todate, as of 9/29/0223 AFK now

Short Ver: had to get a new router, see title of post for new model

1. first used units default MAC address within 24 hr internet lost no IP address etc shown on unit.  rebooted both modem and router.
2. Cloned one of my Laptop's MAC address within 24 hr internet lost no IP address etc shown on unit.  rebooted both modem and router.

3.  Cloned my old Netgear Nighthawk MAC address within 24 hr. lost no IP address etc shown on unit.  rebooted both modem and router.

It should be noted that a cable from the modem to a devices is utilized to verify internt connectivity.  For some reason (I susspect some kind of lease release and renew failure) 

2 of the 3 times even after reboot of both devices internet is lost again from router.
rebooting just the modem does nothing; rebooting just the router failed too (tested this once thus far).
| found a post talking about flushing the MAC address from my modem.  (unplug cable, and power, replug in wait 3-5 min etc..etc..); still no joy.
some of the similar posts, suggested changing to the google DNS (I reconized the address), this too produced no joy.

I am to say the least, almost at my wits end and ready to return this unit.  I have never in my life had an such an issue where I have to repetedly have to reboot both the modem and router regulary and sometimes 2 times a day.  I am trying here before I cpntact support directly.

Of fruther note: most of the tags available for use do not match this post.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Acher BE1900 (AKA BE800) won't maintain internet connection (IP address wont be issued)
2023-10-05 17:17:00

@m_margolis,

Since you have an Archer, you should be able to see in they system logs a few clues as to what the cause of the disconnect is. 

When the Disconnect occurs, what do the LEDs on the rotuer indicate?

Make sure to try using multiple ethernet ports, as some gateways do not negotiate well with some of the higher-capacity ports if they do not support that bandwidth. Also, ensure that you try multiple ethernet cables so the negotaition between devices is not impacted.

If you have not already, I would recommend getting in contact with your ISP to see if they have any insights into their networks. 

When you reboot the router, does the connection refresh its settings and provide a path to the internet? I would make sure that you are using a Dynamic IP address for your network, and that you did not accidentally configure a static IP.

Who is your ISP? What Modem are you Connecting To? What is Your ISP Plan?

"It should be noted that a cable from the modem to a devices is utilized to verify internt connectivity.  For some reason (I susspect some kind of lease release and renew failure)"

To Verify: You only have your Archer connected to your modem, correct? any other devices connected to the modem alongside the Archer will try to steal the IP address needed by the Archer to function. You will need to connect all devices downstream of the Archer router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 1

Tags

Wi-Fi 6E Wi-Fi 7
no IP address assigned
Related Articles