Laptop connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-04 11:41:01
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 b...74023

I had to reset my Deco and now my laptops (Win11 and Linux) don't connect to the internet. The Deco app doesn't even show the laptops but obviously my phone is connected and it shows full internet speed. 

I must add that my Deco is used as router connected via Ethernet.

So far tp-link support has not provided a solution; one reponse a day doesn't relly work.

Maybe I will try phone support if nobody here comes up with a solution laugh

Options
2 Reply
Re:Laptop connection problem
2023-10-05 18:25:36 - last edited 2023-10-05 18:25:45

@hapz,

Phone or Chat support will always be your best bet for quick communication.

Did you use the same network name as you had previously? Did you create an IP reservation or static IP for your PC in the past?

A PC's network adapter will sometimes not connect to the network as it still 'remembers' and is storing the information from its previous connection. Make sure that you go into network settings on your PC and forget the existing network. Normally you will begin to see networks with a numerical digit attached to it when viewing your connection through windows.

Most phones use a Randomized MAC address at this point, which will help to avoid this behavior - this may be why you are only having problems with your network adapters.

I would recommend going into your PC's Network Adapters settings and resetting the Network Adapter to factory defaults, as you can guarantee that the older settings are erased.

Options
Re:Laptop connection problem
2023-10-05 18:58:03

@hapz Thanks, I finally figured it out by switching from Router to Access Point setting. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2

Related Articles