Unknown Devices In Parental Contol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-08 22:43:42
Tags: #Parental Control #unknown devices
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20230906 Rel.10576

When I go to clients I see the correct devices that are on the network.   When I go to HomeCare > Parental Controls > Select a Profile > Click Devices> Click + to add a device I see new unknown devices.  I don't recognize these devices not sure what they are.  These are not supposed to be on the network.  Over time more unknown devices keep adding they all have different Mac addresses ( I don't see them on the clients tab but just in parental control).  The only way to get rid of these devices is to do a factory restore and set the router from scratch but as time progresses the unknown devices slowly start to show up.  It had gotten to a point where there were 10 of these unknown devices at one point.  Is there anything I can do about these?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unknown Devices In Parental Contol
2023-10-10 20:17:53

@Focheez If you can whitelist your known devices (advanced/security/access control, maybe?) then anyone who can't join the network will complain to you. Probably phones randomizing their MACs. That should be used for public networks as they move around, they should use the actual hardware MAC for their home connection.

Conversely, you could just blacklist the suspicious MACs, but you'll be doing that forever.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 164

Replies: 1

Tags

Parental Control
unknown devices
Related Articles