Easy Mesh problem with AX55 and AX10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-22 01:12:47
Model: Archer AX55   Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20230926 rel.51090(5553) for AX55 and 1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716 for AX10

I use AX55 and AX10 for easy mesh. My main router is AX55. I face the following 2 problems:

1) The AX10 internet is very unstable. The network of AX55 will disconnect from time to time (about every 30-60 minutes) and will reconnect automatically. The problem happens when using Wifi for easy mesh.

2) If I use cable for connecting these two routers, the CPU load of the main router (AX55) is significantly high compared with wireless connection (80% to 30%)

Options
3 Reply
Re:Easy Mesh problem with AX55 and AX10
2023-10-23 19:56:13

@xiaobo,

I know that the Ethernet Backhaul functionality of EasyMesh is very new, and may need further optimizations; however I will look into what the actual impact should be, or at least what could be expected.

Looking through the release notes, I do not see wired backhaul compatibility for the AX55, but it may have received it recently. When going to the wired connection, does it properly appear in UI as an EasyMesh extender? It may be causing additional traffic by being in router mode, and needing to be setup as an AP.

It does make sense that the load would be higher when moving to EasyMesh, as the network suddenly can create an actual mesh network with full bandwidth, and this also means that your main router will be in charge of managing all the connections and bandwidth, and moving devices between nodes. However, I wouldn't think it would be anywhere near this much.

When you saw the high load, were you passing a large amount of data through the router? Through the satellite?

How far away is the satellite node(AX10)? Wi-Fi will be subject to the normal falloffs and performance decreases that are seen when repeating a wireless signal.

Options
2023-10-23 21:03:53 - last edited 2023-10-23 21:06:16

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. You are correct; the wired mesh connection is not supported. I think the main problem right now is the unstable network of AX10. I try mesh without cable and use the AX10 as an AP with a cable connection. In both situations, the network connection of the AX10 is unstable (it loses its network connection from time to time).

My current network structure is a modem (SB8200) -> AX55 (DHCP on) -> AX10. I also tested the cable by replacing the AX10 with a switch, and the network connection looks stable, so I think the problem is with the AX10.

The distance between AX55 and AX10 is about 25 feet, but since I try to use cable-connected AP mode, I think the distance is not the problem for instability.

Options
2023-10-23 21:47:12

@xiaobo,

I would take a peak at the system logs on the AX10 for anything glaringly obvious.

First, double-check that the operation mode of the AX10 has been changed to AP mode.

For the AX10 - Do you know if both the Wi-Fi and the Ethernet connections are dropping? How often does it occur?

Are the connections to the AX10 dropping entirely, or simply the connection into the local network?

If you can catch it, check the LEDs of the Router to see if its rebooting or what is indicated.

You may consider setting an IP reservation or static route for the AP. Depending on the frequency of the disconnects, it could be a result of the DHCP leases refreshing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 3

Related Articles