ER605 v.1 drop out, TCP-SYN and Fyn attack packets dropped, WAN is down exact time 8:36pm daily.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 v.1 drop out, TCP-SYN and Fyn attack packets dropped, WAN is down exact time 8:36pm daily.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 15:17:28
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20230511 Rel.51317

Just set this up. Noticed it would drop out multiple times throughout the day.  Wait a few minutes and it would come back up.  Getting several alerts.

Detected TCP SYN-and-FIN packets attack dropped 1 packets.

Detected TCP no-Flag attack and dropped1 packets.

[WAN] of ----- is down.

I have gotten 34 in the past three days 10 of them just last night between 7:30 pm and 4:30 am

The "[WAN] of ----- is down" is happening at the same time every night down to within 1 second of each other (08:36:33-34 pm).

Everything is running the newest software updates.

I did find out after it was delivered that i got a (Renewed) ER605 v.1 Router. Could that be the problem?  Is it something in settings that may be causing it?

We installed this same equipment in a church several months ago. It has worked flawlessly.  We are not seeing any of these issues with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 v.1 drop out, TCP-SYN and Fyn attack packets dropped, WAN is down exact time 8:36pm daily.
2023-10-29 10:05:59

@adsarge1 

That issue appears to be more of an internet issue than a router issue however it is a renewed unit that does pose a question to me. 

First I would bypass the router and connect a pc direct to the modem and see if the issue continues as a test. 

If the pc test does not see the error, the I would do a factory reset.

Other things to check if you still have the issue:

Are you using the correct power adapter (the one the that came with the router should be correct but since it is a renewed unit, compare it with the one at the church). 
Do you have any USB devices attached if so, try without them.

Try without any ethernet devices connected.

If using a UPS, try without it as I have seen strange things when the battery goes bad.

If no UPS, try different power outlet with different things attached as it may be a power surge caused by another appliance. 
Swap the router with the one at the church for a day or so. 
Try a different router (I keep my old one just for that). 

Let us know what works so it may help others. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 1

Related Articles