Looking for any advice to help fix an issue im having with my AX1800 wifi router please

Looking for any advice to help fix an issue im having with my AX1800 wifi router please

2023-11-19 04:09:05
Tags: #Access Control #Connection Failed
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone I hope all is well and hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving coming up! I was hoping for any advice to hopefully help me fix this issue I've been experiencing. So I had a Spectrum/Brighthouse provided router as I worked there and they gave us free cable, internet, etc after I left their router crapped out on me so to save $5 monthly plus get a router that would provide a faster more reliable connection that also added a significant increase in connection range and better all around I purchased the Archer AX1800 downloaded the tp link tether app on my phone set everything up and set a password with WPA2 Personal Security and set password everything seemed to work as I connected my hp laptop putting in the password without any issues,  however I am unable to connect my s21 ultra 5g which is compatible with any wifi 6 connections also cannot connect my wife's iPhone 12 max pro or any of my tablets. It seems like the only thing that can and will connect is only my hp laptop any suggestions?  I've tried so many things updating everything following other troubleshooting steps I have found on the web with no luck. Thank you and appreciate any assistance possible,  God Bless! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Looking for any advice to help fix an issue im having with my AX1800 wifi router please
2023-11-19 12:07:05

@Killa4Rilla 

Are you using the same SSID and P/W? If so, DELETE/FORGET the NETWORK on the devices that do not work. See if that helps.

That said, I've switched routers and our phones, iPhone and an Android, as well as iPad's and TV's/streaming devices, and PC's had no problems when the routers were switched and the same SSID/Passwords were used.

Also, on the Router settings, do you have Access Control on? Should be OFF. Doesn't explain why one could connect though?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 1

Tags

Access Control
Connection Failed
Related Articles