Disable old tp- link to add new

2023-11-22 00:33:55 - last edited 2023-12-05 17:20:19
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

This is my original purchase for boosting internet service.  Works great.  Do I need to disable in order to attach an new TP link model?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Disable old tp- link to add new-Solution
2023-11-27 20:25:35 - last edited 2023-12-05 17:20:19

@2BRicardou,

It is up to you how you go about upgrading your network, but as an example:

I would recommend replacing your current router with your new router and configuring your network as you want. If you are looking to continue using your older hardware as a method of extending your network, you would need to connect the older router and access it's settings to place it into AP (Access Point) mode. At this point, you could use the router to extend the network - as long as you are able to provide a wired connection to the AP.

If you are simply looking at removing the older router from the situation, I would recommend resetting the router and removing it from your account - especially if you are looking to recycle the router, but it is not required.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Disable old tp- link to add new-Solution
2023-11-27 20:25:35 - last edited 2023-12-05 17:20:19

@2BRicardou,

It is up to you how you go about upgrading your network, but as an example:

I would recommend replacing your current router with your new router and configuring your network as you want. If you are looking to continue using your older hardware as a method of extending your network, you would need to connect the older router and access it's settings to place it into AP (Access Point) mode. At this point, you could use the router to extend the network - as long as you are able to provide a wired connection to the AP.

If you are simply looking at removing the older router from the situation, I would recommend resetting the router and removing it from your account - especially if you are looking to recycle the router, but it is not required.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Disable old tp- link to add new
2023-12-05 02:33:31
Thanks
Options