Set up new TP Link AXE5400 (Archer AXE75) router using existing netwrk name and password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Set up new TP Link AXE5400 (Archer AXE75) router using existing netwrk name and password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-24 22:26:29
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm about to install a new AXE75 router to replace my old Netgear. I've seen lots of recommendations to install the new router using the existing network name and password, to avoid having to reconfigure every device on the old network. My question is can I do that to initially set up the network then at some point in the future reconfigure the network with a new name and p/w?  Would I have to use the Tether app or could it be done via a webpage? Has anyone tried this? Thanks.....

Options
1 Reply
Re:Set up new TP Link AXE5400 (Archer AXE75) router using existing netwrk name and password
2023-11-25 00:06:35

@dsteelman 

You can change the ssid, passwords, and other settings anytime. If the field is open, it can be changed on either interface. 
If yo use the same ssid and password, sometimes devices will not connect and you need to delete/forget the network setting on the device. Seems to happen on Apple devices and others. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 1

Related Articles