AC1200 Stopped Working After Power Interruption--Flashing Green Light

2023-11-28 02:35:38

I seem to have lost the original manual and I don't know how to access the administrative portal on my AC1200 wifi AP.

I suspect it lost its configuration data and is in setup mode.

I cannot access it at all through a browser. My laptop was last used to set it up, and I had a tab open to that setup, but it's an unreachable address now.

Does anyone know how to get it working again? All my outdoor security cameras are on this AP and are inaccessible as a result.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1200 Stopped Working After Power Interruption--Flashing Green Light
2023-11-28 19:26:43

@mweiss 

Hard reset the unit by holding the reset for 30 seconds.  Look on the bottom of the device there should be a Management URL and admin credentials printed on the product label.  If after reset the power light is still blinking green you may have a bricked device.  The steps in method 1 of this FAQ might help.  If not then you might be forced to buy a new router. 

Options
2023-11-29 00:02:46

@Carl I came to find out that the light was steady green after I brought it into my office and plugged it in with a shorter cat6 cable.

Then I observed that it appears SSID "OUTSIDE" on my wifi list, so I connected to it with the laptop and I was able to adopt the AP and see that it was in fact, online.

I thought the normal status was solid blue light, but I may be confusing it with a different AP I had before this one.

Ultimately, the outage was caused by a corroded CAT6 jack on the wall outside. The power pins had corroded badly, while the rest of the pins were shiny.

I replaced the jack with a new one.

Options
2024-01-15 04:44:09

@mweiss 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 3

Related Articles