new mesh network, old house - powerline and adding on to PX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-28 15:28:05
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V16
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

i'm guessing at the hardware version because i can't find it. just installed PX50 yesterday. 133 year old house, 2900 square feet, two stories, and everything wifi hates: wood beams, plaster and lath walls, so powerline it is.

I need to add one more access point. i don't need three but that's all you can buy the px50 in.

what are my options? powerline is necessary.

i consulted "tech support" here first, which was an absolutely useless endeavor. 

thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:new mesh network, old house - powerline and adding on to PX50
2023-11-28 18:57:42

@d_jemme 

When you state you connected tech support here can you elaborate more? Did you direct message someone?  If so who?  

Currently, the PX50 is only sold in a 3-pack. So to get additional units you would have to have to purchase a full set.

One option I have seen customers go within old house situations is running Ethernet in the attic or under the home in its crawl space.  I do not know how feasible that would be for you but if its an option then you could use any Deco and just have them all connected to a switch through Etherent.  That would also give you the best possible throughput as well. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 1

Related Articles